Shannon Smit is the founding Director of Transfer Pricing Solutions. Shannon Smit spent 11 years working with a Big 4 in Melbourne, Amsterdam, Prague and 5 years in New York, before returning to Melbourne in 2005. Shannon has consulted multi-national companies on transfer pricing, taxation and accounting for over twenty years. With eight years spent working in the USA and Europe, she has extensive experience in advising both Australian and foreign multi-national companies.
Shannon’s career has provided her with a wide range of experience including global project management, transfer pricing and operational implementation for large-scale business transformation projects. She also has hands-on implementation experience with supply chain issues and managing interrelationships between international tax, accounting, IT systems and training of operations personnel.
Shannon has been appointed to the Australian Governments Board of Taxation Advisory Panel. Shannon also lectures in Transfer Pricing as a part of the Melbourne University’s Law School International Tax Program.
- 1995 – 2007 E&Y (Melbourne, Prague, Amsterdam and New York) – Transfer Pricing, Tax Effective Supply Chain Management and International Tax
- 2007 – Current: Director, Transfer Pricing Solutions
- 2016 Appointed to the Australian Governments Board of Taxations Advisory Panel
- Transfer pricing documentation and implementation
- Transfer Pricing Planning and BEPS
- Benchmarking, economic analysis and financial modelling
- Debt pricing
- Business Restructures and procurement